PUA myths--Ladies, start your shields!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PUA myths--Ladies, start your shields!

Post by Beavis on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:34 pm

A kind of disturbing thing I found recently (even though it's old damn news) is this idea that PUA's have: The b**** shield. Basically, it means that women who does not want to talk to PUA's or deal with them is a horrible human being.

But wait! There's hope pig . Because these shields are meant to be BROKEN. See, even if a woman has a bad day, a PUA can cure it by being so instantly attractive that she will sleep with him. Or something.

See some of this fine thinking here:
puatraining.com/blog/how-to-annihilate-a-girls-bitch-shield-and-make-her-want-you

(I'm not sure if this site is a parody, but I found this sort of thinking all over Google, and they can't all be parodies can they? I wish they were...)

Beavis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PUA myths--Ladies, start your shields!

Post by thebionicmommy on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:58 am

That article was hilarious. I like how he explains that after approaching a woman, if she puts up a "b**** shield", that the PUA should
...take away her power. Tell her you LOVE fiery women and you want more, this is a very counterintuitive approach, but it works.

I have a feeling that kind of strategy could backfire in a big way, and the "b**** shield" would become a "b**** force field".

thebionicmommy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plymouth on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:16 pm

Or you get cold instead of fiery! There's more than one way to be a bitch! Very Happy

plymouth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shaenon on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Tell her you LOVE fiery women and you want more,

Yet another MRA line that could also come from a supervillain. You've got spunk, my pretty...

shaenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beavis on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:28 pm

That does sound like advice from Gaston there.

Beavis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shaenon on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:45 am

Gaston is totally an MRA.

"She's the most beautiful girl in town. That makes her the best. And don't I deserve the best?"

shaenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebionicmommy on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:35 am

I've used this clip before at mbzprime, but it's still one of my favorites. It's a youtube clip showing Gaston's thoughts on women reading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92MHA9nhYo0

I also love how he proposes to Belle, all arrogant and oblivious to what Belle wants.

Gaston: "This is the day your dreams come true."
Belle: "What do you know about my dreams, Gaston?"
Gaston: "Plenty! Here, picture this: A rustic hunting lodge, my latest kill roasting on the fire, and my little wife massaging my feet, while the little ones play on the floor with the dogs. We'll have six or seven."
Belle: "Dogs?"
Gaston: "No, Belle! Strapping boys, like me!"
Belle: "Imagine that."

If someone ever wants a good example of the hegemonic masculinity ideal, Gaston would be it. The song about him in the tavern has dozens of gender stereotypes about men.

But in Gaston's defense, he looks and sounds just like Bruce Campbell from The Evil Dead. That has to be worth something.

thebionicmommy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum